By Amanda Carney

Hutchinson Community College will be hosting a class entitiled “The Grand Story of the Bible”.

This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to know the Bible a little better. “The Grand Story of the Bible” will be having three sessions on March 1, 8 and 15 from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m., in the Justice Theater of the Shears Technology Center.

This course will be taught by a local pastor, and lecturer Ted Wise. The cost is $45 per person, and anyone is welcome.

Q: What is The Grand Story of the Bible?

A: The Bible’s grand story is about what the Judeo-Christian God is doing in the world.

Q: What is the purpose of the Grand Story of the Bible?

A: Everyone loves stories. We share them face-to-face with friends, create them on social media, and watch them on Netflix. But few of us know the “secret sauce” that makes stories so memorable and persuasive. Our seminar will lift the hood on how stories work and then we’ll apply that knowledge to the Bible. While we know Hollywood is quite skilled at telling a great story, I would contend the Bible tells a pretty dramatic story itself. Everyone ought to hear and contemplate it.

Q: Who is this event for?

A: Anyone who is curious about the Bible or those who are familiar with it, yet want to see it from a new perspective.

Q: What should someone hope to get out of this class?

A: The Bible is a unique book, because it presents itself as God’s story, but also sometimes a confusing book, because it is long narrative made up of 66 books that covers hundreds of years. For this reason, it’s easy to get lost in the forest. What we’ll do is get in an airplane and look at the Bible’s big picture. Attendees will leave knowing the Bible’s one, big, overarching story.