by Jayshaun Jones / Social Media Coordinator

following a win over the Independence on Monday 118-103.

With the help of six players in double figures, Blue Dragons coach Tommy DeSalme was able to secure his fourth in the last five games.

Angelo Stuart had a night. Posting a smooth 25 points while shooting 50% from 3-point range and 100% from the free-throw line. Stuart also collected three assists with two rebounds and maybe the most impressive, no turnovers, all while logging only 16 minutes.

One of the biggest keys to this HutchCC win was the team’s success shooting free throws. Hutchinson shot a whopping 29 of 35, which is 83%. Independence shot 33 of 48, good for about 69%. 

Other key contributors to the scoring column from Hutchinson include, Jacquez Yow with 13 points, Nate Goodlow (11 points), Kaimen Lennox with 15 points as well as seven assists, Cecil Lee with 17

points while adding 10 rebounds, two blocks, two steals, and shooting 66% percent from deep,

and Jayden Garrison who had 13 points with five rebounds.

Hutchinson controlled the boards really well against the Pirates, limiting Independence to 49 rebounds while snagging 55 of their own. The Blue Dragons had six players on the roster that had at least five rebounds. 

Hutchinson will take on Cloud County next Wednesday at home to try and continue on this successful journey that is the 2021-2022 season.