By Emily Fehrman
Social Media Editor

For those who are unaware, for the last four weeks, there has been a few students at Hutchinson Community College that partake in coordinating outfits.

Every Friday, a handful of Dan Smith’s engineering physics students collectively wear Hawaiian shirts.

What a way to make classes interesting.

Wyatt Krehbiel, Pretty Prairie sophomore, explained how this movement originally came about.

Krehbiel said that it had originally started off as a joke, but that it just escalated quickly. Soon the students had even got Smith to join in on the fun. He then goes on to explain why they wear them:

“A – Hawaiian shirts are awesome. B – We gotta start celebrating the weekend early,” he said.

As the weeks go by, they try to tell random people they meet around campus that every Friday is “Hawaiian Shirt Friday”, and that they need to partake. Krehbiel also jokes that it happens to be his “charismatic nature” that helps get more people to join.

One has to ask, does this have anything to do with Bill Lumbergh and the movie “Office Space”? Or just something they came up with on a whim?

Krehbiel said that he gets asked that a lot, but he has never even seen the movie.

They plan to continue wearing the shirts for the remainder of the first semester and possibly into the second.

When asked how he would feel if more people around campus started wearing Hawaiian shirts, Krehbiel said, “It would be absolutely awesome. I would love to be able to unite an entire college in the most ridiculous way possible.”

So dig out that old typical Hawaiian tourist shirt from high school spirit week, and dust that bad boy off before this next Friday so you too can enjoy the ridiculous fun these guys have.