By Casey Jones

In a world where the human race doesn’t seem to exist, Disney portrays an alternate reality in which predator and prey have adapted and evolved to not only live together, but also work together to create a better, happier world.

The major symbol for this concept is the city of Zootopia, created with multiple biomes to help accommodate all forms of animals, predator or prey.

The actual story starts off with the main character, Judy Hopps, as a child performing in a play depicting how anyone can follow their dreams in the great metropolis of Zootopia and how she wishes to be the first bunny police officer.

However, her parents are horrified at the thought and tell her she needs to stop “trying” and learn to “settle,” creating a humorous moment for the adults of the audience who listen to the actual dialogue.

Of course, Hopps ignores this and goes on to apply at the police academy, eventually being granted the right to wear the badge.

This is where the actual problem arises: Hopps is given 48 hours to find a missing otter, while multiple other animals have been going missing.

She “employs” the help of a fox by the name of Nick Wilde to help her on this quest.

This leads to a fantastic tale of bravery, with many underlying messages to the audience.

The most important message was about the problems with stereotyping.

Throughout the movie, there are multiple occasions in which this is pointed out and the careful observer will find them with no problems at all.

The animation definitely lived up to standards that have been set in the most recent Disney and Pixar movies with each hair on the main characters being generated as its own entity.

Overall, the movie provided a very interesting story, excellent character development, great humor, and a much-needed message of anti-racism.