By Angela Lingg

David Dillon, former CEO and chairman of the board of directors for Kroger.

David Dillon has been influenced by business since he was young.

As the great-grandson of J.S. Dillon, the founder of Dillon Stores, David Dillon belongs to a history of successful business men and women.

He will be a speaker for the Hutchinson Community College Entrepreneurs’ Forum at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 3, at the Hutchinson Career and Technical Education Academy, 800 15th Circle. Admission is free.

The forum is put on by business instructor Dan “Coach Nac” Naccarato.

“Speakers talk about their own life history, experiences, observations, insights, and suggestions,” Naccarato said, about the forum. “They are always willing to answer questions.”

While Dillon was the great-grandson of a successful businessman, he made his own mark on the business world.

With a business degree from the University of Kansas and a law degree from Southern Methodist University, he worked for several large companies during his career. He eventually was the president, CEO and chairman of the board of directors for Kroger.

He retired from Kroger in 2014.

Since then he has been a guest lecturer at the University of Kansas business school and a lobbyist to the Kansas Legislature. He has a seat on the boards for the University of Kansas Hospital, Union Pacific Railroad, and 3M.

“The Entrepreneurs’ Forum provides a unique opportunity to learn from successful business leaders in a fun and casual format,” Naccarato said.

Dillon’s talk will be a chance to hear his story and gain insight from his success.