By Casey Jones

Above is a picture of Spud. He is an Emperor Scorpion and is one of the main faces of the Fallout. video games.

“War. War never changes.”

Most gamers know this phrase as part of the opening cutscene for each of the installments in the Fallout franchise, currently being produced by Bethesda Game Studios.

The latest installment, Fallout 4, was released on Nov. 10 of this year and has been claimed by many as the most anticipated game of the year, for good reason.

When Fallout 3 came out in 2008, it was considered a major breakthrough in gaming due to the incorporation of first-person action with the depth of a role-playing game (RPG).

Many of the game mechanics remain the same, with some minor tweaks and a new crafting system that improves immersion into the game, along with a new perk system that allows you to increase certain abilities with every level up.

This creates powerful features that many games lack: the ability to strive forward and continue to improve your character and the ability to make a new character in a new way without getting bored of the play style.

As for the actual plot, it is incredibly immersive with the different options you can choose, but it does plant you in the shoes of a concerned father, scouring the scorched nuclear wasteland that Boston has become for his son, Shaun.

This is one quarrel I have with the game: You are forced to play that role to an extreme, even feeling guilt if you choose options that go against that path.

However, the diversity in the factions you can choose to join relieves the strain of that forced role, ranging from the simple Minutemen to the power-armor-wearing Brotherhood of Steel.

My rating would be the same as the release date: 11/10.