By Jessie Burtnett

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Madison Pollock, Winfield, steals the ball from an opponent, while playing in a home game against Hesston College on Sept. 29.

The Lady Dragons took on the Cowley County Tigers Friday Oct. 3.

The Dragons came out on top 2-1 giving them their fourth consecutive win.

The Dragons took the lead early in the first half when Karrie McNutt, Winfield, assisted Jordan Downing, Hutchinson, to her 10th goal of the season.

Shortly after the second half started Cowley’s goalkeeper Sandra Urrutia was given a red card and taken out of the game.

The Dragons then tightened up their offense and put the pressure on Cowley’s defense, firing four shots at back up keeper Maddie Pegorsch.

The Dragons eventually took the lead when Aleise Williams, Manhattan, took a shot that was blocked by Pegorsch, but the rebound found its way to Renee Gillespie’s, Wichita, feet scoring her fourth career game-winning goal.

The Dragons out-shot Cowley 26-6.

The Lady Dragons are 10-0 all-time against Cowley.

In previous action, the Dragons defeated Hesston 3-0.

Courtney Boswell, Wichita, set the pace early. Just before the three-minute mark, she thrilled the crowd when she headed the ball into the goal, after a corner kick from Downing.

The second goal came after Georgia Warren, Wexford, Ireland, was able to finish and put the ball into the back of the net off of another corner kick, this time coming from Gillespie.

The next goal was also scored in the first half.

Jazmin Hartshorn, Hutchinson, put the ball in the upper 90 giving the Dragons a 3-0 lead five minutes before half time.

On offense, the Dragons out-shot Hesston 37-2.

The ladies defense also got their fourth shut out of the season.

Hutch is scheduled to have another key battle on Oct. 7 when they take on Barton County, at home.