By Amaelle Caron

Fall is coming. We all get excited about sweater weather, Halloween and everything pumpkin.

However, it is also the time of the year when many get sick.

You’ve probably noticed there are people missing in your classes recently. The reason for it could be the flu.

When the weather gets cooler we all fear this sickness. The symptoms of the flu are fever, runny nose, cough or sore throat, chills, fatigue and headaches and body aches.

If you get the flu, remember that it is contagious and it will take you out of school or holidays for at least a couple of days.

Each year between 5 percent and 20 percent of the U.S. population is infected by the flu. Last year 200,000 thousand American were hospitalized because of the flu and the number of people who die each year from flu-related causes in the U.S. ranges from 3,000 to 49,000.

But there is a solution for you: a flu shot. The flu shot can prevent the flu from infecting you.

You can get the vaccination by shot or by nasal spray.

You can get yours done on campus at the Student Health Center just across the street from the Student Union for $13. You do not need insurance.

If you had a shot last year, you still need to get one again this year.

However, you need to be aware that the flu shot is just a prevention and that you might still catch the flu with the vaccine in your system.

You make the decision whether to get vaccinated, but it is better to be safe with cold weather coming.