By Cassidy Peterson
Staff Writer

Nickolas Zizumbo is from Hutchinson and has attended Hutchinson Community College as a full-time student for two years. He is majoring in Pre-Pharmacy and graduating from HutchCC in the spring.

Zizumbo sat down to answer a few questions regarding his time at HutchCC.

Q: What are you most excited for after graduation?

NZ: After graduating from HCC, I plan on going to KU School of Pharmacy to get my Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Unfortunately, I will still have the stresses of school, but I am excited to get to go to KU, meet new people, and get to study what I love.

Q:What are some of your hobbies or interests?

NZ: One hobby of mine is going to garage sales and buying items to resell on eBay. Another thing I like to do is collect Monopoly board games. I love trying to find ones I’ve never seen before to add to my collection.

Q: What does your current class schedule look like?

NZ: My class schedule right now is Organic Chemistry 2, Microbiology, and Statistics. These classes have me at the college every day of the week and keep me very busy. Organic Chemistry is by far the hardest course I’ve taken and isn’t for the weak, but Dr. Buller is always there for us when we need help along the way.

Q: What does your living situation look like? Who do you live with?

NZ: Currently, I still live at home with my parents, two dogs, and my cat. I am an only child so I’m very close with my parents, it is going to be hard when I move out on my own.

Q: What is your go-to drink or snack after class?

NZ: My favorite drink after class is Coca-Cola, especially while I do homework.

Q: What is one item you cannot live without that is not a necessity?

NZ: An item I can’t live without that isn’t a necessity is my car, I love driving and listening to music, so it would be really hard if I didn’t have my car.

Q: What was the last TV show you binge watched?

NZ: The last TV show I binge-watched was Law and Order SVU.

Q: What is one question you wish people would ask you less?

NZ: A question I wish people would ask me less is why I chose pharmacy as my major and why I want to go into it after seeing how hard it is on everyone in the industry. I have always wanted to go into it and I guess my opinion is that I want to go into it and even though many other people hate the profession, I like it and it is my career so that is why I’m sticking with it. Others can’t make my career choice for me, it will be what I am going to do for the majority of the rest of my life.

Q: Do you work? If so, what do you do?

NZ: I work at Walgreens as a Senior Pharmacy Technician, I have been with the company for coming up on three years and I love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything else. I also am glad I get to work there as it helps me get prepared for school since that is the major I am going into.

Q: What are some songs you currently have on repeat?

NZ: A couple of songs I have on repeat right now are Electric Feel by MGMT and Confidence by Ocean Alley.

Q: Lastly, what is a random fact or quote you still remember?

NZ: “If you have $86,400 in your account and someone stole $10 from you, would you be upset and throw all of the remaining $86,390 away in hopes of getting back at the person? Or move on and live? Right, move on and live. We all have 86,400 seconds each day. Don’t let someone’s negative 10 seconds ruin the remaining 86,390. Don’t sweat the small stuff, life is bigger than that!” – Unknown