By Lizzie Kipp
Staff writer

With April just starting, graduation is approaching fast at Hutchinson Community College. 

For those cluelessly entering the workforce, or for graduates wondering “what’s next?” after HutchCC, there will be a Career Connections job fair on Thursday.

The fair will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sports Arena. It is well worth the visit, according to Michelle Wortham, the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services.

“Even if a student is not looking to start their career right away, the career fair gives them the opportunity to talk to representatives of the industries they are interested in,” Wortham said.

There will be over 180 employers in attendance from across the state of Kansas. All of these employers are hiring and looking for potential employees. Many full-time and part-time positions are available, as well as some internship positions.

“There is a wide variety of employers that will be in attendance,” Wortham said. “Textron Aviation, Pepsico, Michelin, Spirit Aerosystems, and Cargill, just to name a few.”

Students will be able to ask questions about the field they are interested in, as well as apply for jobs if they desire to do so. 

“These employers will be thrilled to share educational requirements for their positions or experience and job knowledge needed,” Wortham said. 

Wortham also added that students who attend the career fair and complete the corresponding survey are eligible to win prizes such as an Apple Watch, a 55-inch smart TV, Beats headphones, an Xbox, and others.