As crazy as this feels to say, I will be graduating in four short months. I am officially in my final semester of college.

In four short months, I will have ‘RN’ behind my name and will be opening up a new chapter in my life. I have dreamed of this moment since I was a little girl, and I am so close to achieving it.

While I am excited for this new adventure, I am equally as scared for all the unknowns that lie ahead of me.

I have been in school for the last 18 years straight. Yes, it’s as exhausting as it sounds.

For the last 18 years, I have spent the majority of my days in a classroom. Granted, preschool was a much more enjoyable time than all of the math and science classes I’ve ever taken.

As mentally straining as school can get, it’s been a part of my routine. It’s been my normal for well over half of my life.

The thought of losing that structure and stability is a little terrifying.

Of course I’m excited to not have exams and deadlines occupying my brain, but it leaves me with one question.

What’s next?

As I start to look for nursing facilities and choose what I want for my future, I’ve found myself with some serious imposter syndrome.

There is no way this is my real life. I still feel like that little girl dreaming about growing up and making a difference in the world.

News flash – I am grown up and that time is now.

Graduation is quickly approaching and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Reality is coming in at full speed and all I can do is hold my head high and pretend I know what I’m doing.

Laci Sutton is a Nickerson senior studying nursing. She is the Collegian’s Opinion Page Editor.