I’m going to hurt some feelings with this one, and that’s OK.

Call me a Grinch, call me Scrooge, call me a kill-joy, whatever you want to say. That’s fine.

It is the second week of November and retailers across the country have already jumped headfirst into the holidays, and it is driving me insane.

It feels like they start earlier and earlier every year.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas as much as the next person. It’s full of joy, family, and blessings upon blessings. However, each holiday has it’s time. The beginning of November is not Christmas time.

You have every right to decorate your home how you want, but can the stores please, at the very least, wait until December?? I would like to be able to get groceries without seeing the North Pole sprawled out in every nook and cranny.

Do you know what bothers me more than seeing all the decor? Hearing “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”  playing at full blast while I’m browsing the chip aisle.

Sorry not sorry, but I cannot stand Christmas music unless it’s the week of or maybe the week before Christmas.

Laci Sutton

I swear stores always double the music volume when they’re playing holiday tunes. Trust me, we can hear it. There is no need to blast it for the next town over to hear.

Can we please take it back several notches? Maybe not allow the decorations to fully take over the entire building until the month of the actual holiday?

I mean, there are still two holidays to go before December even begins.

Nov. 11 is Veterans Day, which is incredibly important. Please take some time to observe and honor this day.

Nov. 25 is Thanksgiving. I would love to be able to stuff my face without having tinsel and jingle bells shoved in my face.

Let’s slow it down a bit, allow us to enjoy the month of November, and we can celebrate the holly jolly when it’s time. Not a month and a half in advance.

Trust me, there will be plenty of time to deck the halls after we feast on Turkey Tom.

Laci Sutton is a Nickerson senior studying nursing. She is the Collegian’s Opinion Page Editor.