If you’ve been on TikTok recently, chances are you’ve come across a sweet little pug on your for you page. Specifically, Noodle the Pug.

Noodle is a 13-year old pug who has stolen the hearts of internet users worldwide. Noodle’s human, Jonathan Graziano, began posting videos of Noodle as he lifts him from his bed for the day.

Little did Jonathon know, these daily videos have turned Noodle into a four-legged horoscope.

The fortune is simple. Jonathan lifts Noodle from his bed to stand in the morning. If Noodle remains standing, it’s a “bones day.” If Noodle falls back over, it’s a “no bones day.”

A bones day is like a good luck charm. You are going to do all of the things today, and it’s going to be great. Treat yourself, tackle a project you’ve been avoiding, catch up with a friend.

A no bones day is the opposite, though don’t worry, they’re not entirely bad. A no bones day is meant for self-care. Be kind to yourself. Be gentle. Be forgiving. Take time to relax a little extra.

Noodle has been the cutest reminder for me. It’s OK to have bad days. They’re unavoidable, they will happen. Rather than moping in the negativity, use these days to give yourself a little extra love.

I haven’t been the best at that, but I’ve definitely been getting better.

It’s important to be forgiving of ourselves. That’s a lesson I have struggled with learning until recently.

I have big emotions. My friends and family know this well. I used to let these big emotions completely control my days.

I remember a few years ago I failed an exam and it wrecked me. I was a mess for the rest of the day. (Shoutout to my brother-in-law for helping me that day, you know exactly what day I’m talking about.)

While I still have the same big emotions, I’ve gotten much better at not letting them ruin my day. I allow myself to feel what I need to feel, figure out what I need to do to work through it, and pick myself back up. If I do let the emotions tumble out of control, I’ve learned to forgive myself.

I’m not perfect and I recognize that. I’m doing my best and I’m so proud of myself for that.

It’s a work in progress, but I hope it’s a lesson all of you are able to learn.

Whether it’s a bones day or a no bones day, remember to take care of yourself.

(You can find your daily bones posting on TikTok @jongraz)

Laci Sutton is a Nickerson senior studying nursing. She is the Collegian’s Opinion Page Editor.