By Adam Kolb / Co-Sports Editor

What does a sports editor for a college newspaper do when there are no sports to watch? That was the first question I asked myself when professional and collegiate sports were canceled or postponed all over the country.

I didn’t know the answer at first. However, I’ve figured out some things to do to fill that void. 

Going for walks is one thing that I’ve done a lot since everything got canceled. I’ve always tried to get exercise, even before COVID-19. But now since I’m stuck at home, I’ve been doing it a lot more, and it honestly makes me feel pretty good. It has really helped me forget about everything that’s going on in the world, and it really helps with my anxiety. Even just walking for half an hour a day has helped clear my head.

I’ve also done a lot of cleaning in my room. This may sound pretty lame, but I’m honestly glad I cleaned it up a bit. My dresser was overwhelmed with all my clothes, and it was getting to the point where I couldn’t even close the drawers anymore. It took a while, but I finally got it all cleaned up, and I even vacuumed the floor (it definitely needed that).

I’ve even been doing schoolwork, although my motivation to do it has officially hit rock bottom. 

I’ve been saying all the productive things I’ve done to make myself feel better, but if I’m being honest, I’ve just been sitting around.

For the most part, my days consist of me sitting on my bed listening to music, like I’m doing as I write this, watching NBA highlights on YouTube (mostly Toronto Raptors highlights), or re-watching “Game of Thrones.” Who knows, I might even read the “Game of Thrones” books again since I have the time. Basically, I’ve just been bored.

However, one thing I can look forward to is Sunday nights, when ESPN airs a couple episodes of the documentary on the Chicago Bulls dynasty. The documentary is called “The Last Dance,” and I’ve really been getting into it, as I’m sure a lot of NBA fans have.

I really wish I would’ve been around to watch Micheal Jordan and that Bulls team play. It would’ve been amazing to see the greatest player of that time dominate in my favorite sport. 

As for fall sports at Hutchinson Community College, I really hope they come back.  Being able to cover one of the football games last fall was a really cool and different experience for me, and I really hope I get to do that again. Being up in the press box and eating a bunch of food is an experience I’ll never forget. I’ll be really bummed if they don’t come back.

Overall, I think I speak for everyone when I say that I just want things to go back to normal. I’m an introvert and I really enjoy my alone time and I don’t mind being at home, but this is a bit much.