By Sam Bailey / Staff Writer

LBGT Pride has grown worldwide over decades, while members have fought hard against injustice and prosecution. The movement made its way to Hutchinson in 2018 in the form of Salt City Pride. 

This festival hosts events and entertainment for every generation and looks to continue its history in the years to come.

Hutchinson Community College has also started showing its pride through the Gender Sexuality Alliance and will continue by hosting a drag show at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Gallery Theatre at HutchCC’s Stringer Fine Arts Center. 

This show will be hosted by Starla Nyte, a drag queen located in Wichita, and Miss Salt City Pride 2019 herself, Juju Noir.

Starla Nyte has been performing drag for about 10 years and earlier this year helped raise $10,000 at Kansas State University by performing in a drag show KSU hosted. 

Additional performers for the HutchCC show will include Novacayne DeMornay, Candie Khayne, Fay-taile Raynbow Demornay, Mr. Salt City Pride 2019 Thug Passion, and more. 

The show is family-friendly and open to all ages. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5, and children ages 5 and under are free.

For more information, contact Janelle Voth at poolerj@hutchcc.edu or call 620-665-3515. 

All proceeds from the show will go towards developing a GSA scholarship fund and other future GSA activities.