By: Brenna Eller

Rick Rigsby has been sharing the knowledge and lessons that he learned throughout his life, from his third-grade-dropout father to thousands of people nationwide by talking at high schools, colleges, and being an ordained minister.

On Feb. 19, Rigsby will be sharing his inspiration and messages with Hutchinson Community College at the first Ray and Stella Dillon Lecture Series of 2019 at the Sports Arena.

In his talks, Rigsby emphasizes on the fact that his father is a third-grade dropout, because he says his father is the smartest man in the world, even though he and his brother got degrees and successful careers, whereas their father didn’t even get a GED.

By showing him what a real man is like, leaving school to take care of his family and teaching himself how to read and write, Rigsby’s father gave him inspiration to be who he is today, and helped him through the toughest times of his life.

Rigsby, President and CEO of Rick Rigsby Communications, and a “USA Today”, Amazon, and “The Wall Street Journal” best-selling author who wrote, “Lessons of a Third Grade Dropout” gave the speech of a lifetime at the 2017 Cal Maritime Commencement ceremony. With that speech, he reached more than 200 million viewers. In the commencement speech, he made several points about being the best you can be.

“Good enough isn’t good enough if it can be better, and better isn’t good enough if it can be best,” Rigsby said.

Toward the end of his speech, Dr. Rigsby asked one question that really brought impact on the crowd and many who have watched it. He asked, “How you living?”