By: Kathrine Collins

A group from Hutchinson Community College is going on a trip to Washington, and the deadline is rapidly approaching.

The deadline to signup is on Feb. 8, but will close before then if the last few spots are filled. The average price for students is $2,000. There are a few spots left on the trip out of the total of 42. Students wanting to go you should act fast. Anyone interested in this event should go to the website http://www.efexploreamerica.com/2152102dp, or contact HutchCC business instructor Dan Naccarato.

HutchCC Director of Marketing and Public Relations Denny Stoecklein also will be attending.

“Who wouldn’t want to travel with us?” Naccarato said.

If you go on this trip, you will depart from Wichita’s Eisenhower National Airport on June 11. An tour guide and a charter bus will meet the group at the airport in Washington. The tour guides will show you around the nation’s captial, Arlington, Virginia, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and Mount Vernon, Virginia.

On June 15, they will take the group back to the airport and fly back to Wichita.

“This tour will definitely be fun and educational,” Naccarato said. “Our itinerary includes visits to famous monuments, memorials and museums, as well as the White House, The Capitol, The Supreme Court and other attractions at our nation’s capital city. We’re especially looking forward to guided excursions to Arlington National Cemetery, Gettysburg, and Mount Vernon, home of George Washington.”