By Rachel Lyons
Staff Writer

Beginning Oct. 18 Hutchinson Community College Theatre will perform Thornton Wilder’s classic play “Our Town”. Twelve actors and one style of performance come together to tell the story of Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire, and two families over a span of 12 years.

Each act discusses a different aspect of life, whether it be mundane every day life, a wedding, or a funeral.

Each act is portrayed using the pantomime style of acting, which resembles traditional miming with the use of little to no props or scenery.

Grover’s Corners is a typical small town. A good mixture of different types of people and gossip.

Lacy Johnson, Production Stage Manager and Joe/Si Crowell, were asked to describe “Our Town”

“Wholesome, (because) it’s old and cutesy, and for the entire family,” Johnson said.

Johnson’s favorite scene in the play is the drug store scene because “it’s cute as heck,” but more than anything, she says, “Please come see it, the arts are dying.”

HutchCC, Hutchinson High School Students, and local patrons may recognize actors Damien Page, Michael Cooprider, Roni Ratzloff, Dafne Oliva, Gee Davis, Alex Miller, Nick Hockett and Keely Schmidt from Pretty Praire theatre productions.

Others on the cast and crew include: Jayden Billinger, Newton; Lacy Johnson, Kansas City, Kansas; Luis Ramirez, Wichita; Gee Davis, Haven; and Rachel Lyons, Goessel. “Our Town” is directed by Deidre Ensz-Maddox, HutchCC Director of Theatre, who also appears on stage.

HutchCC’s production of “Our Town” will be Oct. 18-20, at 7:30 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m., each night in Stringer Fine Arts Center’s BJ Warner Recital Hall. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors, high school and non-HuchCC $5, HutchCC students and staff free with ID.

For questions please call (620) 665-3503.