By Amanda Carney
Staff Writer

Hutchinson Community College’s Career Connections Job Fair that was originally supposed to take place Feb. 22 has been rescheduled for April 12.

April 12 is a Thursday. The fair will go from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

The choice to postpone the fair and not school on Feb. 22, due to icy roads, was a difficult challenge. However, Christopher Lau, the fair’s director, made the call to not have anyone make the drive for the fair, especially as some people were to come in from Wichita.

“The fair wasn’t incredibly hard to reschedule,” Lau said. “It was more making sure the Sports Arena was available for the fair. Surrounding areas also had career events going, so we had to make sure we didn’t overlap with our career fair.”

The career fair is not only a chance for students to search for potential jobs, but it is also a great place for students to win prizes.

“The career fair is a great place for students to find a job, but also for students to practice handing out their resumes and practice job interviews,” Lau said.

The career fair has great opportunities for anyone who is finishing up with a technical degree from HutchCC, or anyone looking for a job. The career fair also gives students a chance to dress up, connect with potential employers and other students, and just give students practice for future job interviews.