Tuesday’s game could’ve been Hutchinson Community College’s women’s basketball’s

last of the season.

Played in Park City’s Hartman Arena, the women faced a tough Independence team for a chance to advance to the Region 6 Tournament championship.

However, the Blue Dragons struggled on the offensive side and were plagued by turnovers, as

they lost to the Pirates, 70-50.

The 20-point margin of loss was the worst in five years for the Blue Dragon women, and the last time they had a 20-point loss was in 2007.

After a positive first quarter, where Hutchinson scored 19 points and went 4 for 4 from 3-point range, the next three were inconsistent, shooting only 35 percent from the field. The Blue Dragons committed 29 turnovers, proving to be a game-changer as the Pirates scored 29 points off of Hutchinson’s mistakes.

Independence only committed 12 turnovers.

Tia Bradshaw ended with the most points for the Blue Dragons with 11. Kelsey Brett and Dejanae Roebuck also added eight points apiece. Six other players finished in the scoring column as well.

The Blue Dragons fall to 27-6 on the season. However, with the loss on Tuesday, the season

might not be over for Hutchinson. On Monday, the NJCAA will announce eight at-large bids for

the national tournament in Lubbock, Texas. The Blue Dragons could potentially get one of those

spots.