By Brenna Eller
Opinion Page Editor

Get your resumes polished and your work attire out, because on Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the third annual Career Connections Job Fair at the Sports Arena will be available to all Hutchison Community College students, faculty, alumni, Hutchinson High students and anyone of the community who needs to find a job.

Michelle Wortham, Administration Assistant to Vice President of Student Services and Christopher Lau, Coordinator of Advising, Career Dev. and Counseling are the main people behind this event. Michelle Wortham is excited about this year’s Job Fair.

“There will be 94 potential employers and nursing transfer schools all under one roof,” Worthman said. “These employers want to meet our students and to talk with them about what education and skills they can improve on now to help them achieve their ‘dream job’ later.”

According to Worthman, the event has grown every year.

The first year, there were about 50 employers, and about 200 people attending to find a job. Last year, there were 85 employers and over 400 job seekers listed. This year, 94 employers registered, making this the biggest Connections Fair sponsored by HutchCC yet.

When asked about the intentions of this event, Wortham said, “We encourage students that may already have a job or don’t plan on beginning down their career path right now to attend the Career Fair.”

Not only is this a great opportunity for current HutchCC students to find jobs and gain more information about their career, but there is also a chance of winning prizes as big as an Apple Watch Series 1 or Beats- X wires earbuds. There will be a survey to fill out at the end if you attend the event.

Prizes available at Career Fair:

·   Apple Watch Series 1

·   Airpods

·   Samsung Gear Sport Watch

·   Anker Power Cores (x2)

·   JBL Flip 4 Waterproof BluTooth Speaker and case

·   Beats – X wires earbuds

·   iPad Air

·   $50 Visa Gift Card