Laurelle Augustine and Matt LaMunyon

By Brenna Eller
Opinion Page Editor

Matt LaMunyon and Laurelle Augustine are both students at Hutchinson Community College Laurelle is a sophomore, while Matt is a freshman. Laurelle is a Blue Dragon cheerleader, while Matt dabbles in Student Government.

Both are Hutchinson natives and attended Hutchinson High School.

Q: When and where did you meet?

A: In Spanish class at their high school Laurelle’s sophomore year and Matt’s freshmen year. At first they were best friends, but later grew into a relationship.

Q: How long have you been dating?

A: Four years this March

Q: What is your favorite place to go together?

A: Their first date was at Chili’s, so they like to think of it as “their place”.

Q: Is there a certain thing you do every year for Valentine’s Day?

A: They go out to eat at Applebee’s or they just spend time with each other. “We don’t really do anything big,” LaMunyon said.

Q: What is your favorite thing about each other?

A: Laurelle’s favorite thing about Matt is his humor. “He’s a funny dude,” she said. Matt answered, “Her laugh is my favorite.”

Q: What is the secret to being in a relationship for a long time?

A: They agreed that the key is to just have fun all the time and be with someone you enjoy hanging out with. They were best friends before they became a couple and Laurelle said, “Make sure the other person has a good personality.”

Rayne Penny and Jamison Stout

By Amanda Carney

For most people, high school is place to grow, meet new people and join new clubs. For Rayne Penny and Jamison Stout, they found each other. Rayne and Jamison have been dating for almost four years.

The couple dated all through high school and into their first year of college. Although marriage is not out of the question, Rayne and Jamison fell no need to rush into anything. Rayne said, “We want to get through our first couple of years of college.”

Here’s more about these two Hutchinson Community College students, both of whom hail from McPherson.

AC: How did you guys meet?

RP: We meet through our advisory class freshman year in high school. Jamison asked for my Snapchat and we started talking.

AC: Are there any secrets on making a relationship last?

RP/JS: You always have to be willing to compromise with each other, it’s not always about what you want. You also have to trust the other person and you have to be able to stick together through the hard times.

AC: What does he do that drives Rayne crazy?

RP: He forgets to tell me things, so I remind to write stuff down or just text me.

AC: What does she do that drive Jamison crazy?

JS: She talks quiet and is soft spoken so I say WHAT I CAN’T HEAR YOU.

AC: What do you guys like to do together?

RP/JS: We like play with our dog, Ava, who is a Miniature American Eskimo. We also like to go on road trips and try new restaurants together!

AC: How long have you guys been dating?

RP/JS: We started dating our freshman year of high school on valentine’s day, so about four years.

AC: Do you do anything special for valentine’s day?

RP/JS: Since Valentine’s Day is the day we started dating we try and do something special. We like to spend the day together or we try and do a weekend trip.

Duane and Carolyn Schmidt

By Merissa Anderson
Collegian Editor

AC: How did you guys meet?

AC: How long have you guys been dating?