By Merissa Anderson

Collegian editor

It’s cold outside and Halloween has finally passed with undeniably means that it’s Christmas time!

As any holly jolly, festive person know, Christmas time calls for Chistmas music absolutely everywhere – in grocery stores, on the radio, during class. And why not?

The classical tunes that most have been listening to since childhood often bring back sentimental memories and make the winter months of freezing weather just a little bit more bearable.

Many argue that people like myself that start playing Christmas music early and don’t stop till New Year are ignoring Thanksgiving but that’s simply not the case.

I just would like to celebrate my favorite holiday, Christmas, for more than just one short month out of the year.

Show me some equally festive turkey music and I’ll blare that too but until Thanksgiving music becomes a reality, I’ll start my Christmas music the day after Halloween and play it all the way up through January and love every second of it – even if others don’t.

I would say, even as someone that loves Christmas music, that after Halloween is the only respectable time to listen to Christmas music.

Now I mmmaaayyyy have started listening to Christmas music all the way back in the beginning of October when I felt that first chilly wind but even I can acknowledge that listening to Christmas music that early may be a sin. But that didn’t stop me this year and it won’t stop me next year either!

Let’s face it- the cold sucks and the cold sucks even more when there’s no snow and people are telling you not to listen to the best music made by mankind ever. So don’t listen to the haters – listen to Jingle Bells!