By Amanda Carney

Online Editor

Bah-humbug. It’s that time of year again, Christmas. People have already started to pull out the decorations and the music. And once again it is too early to begin celebrating Christmas.

Call me a Grinch but I am a firm believer in celebrating Thanksgiving before pulling out anything Christmas related. Today, many people think as soon as November first hits that it is time to pull out the Christmas music, and I could not disagree more. People have a tendency to jump from Halloween straight to Christmas, often forgetting Thanksgiving.

There are two main reasons I dislike Christmas music before celebrating Thanksgiving.
My number one reason is now days’ people forget to be thankful for what they already have, and when people start playing Christmas music Nov. 1 no one stops to remember how blessed they are. No matter how rich or poor you are you have at least one thing you are thankful for.

My second reason for disliking Christmas music is it’s just flat out annoying. Artist just take an old Christmas song and “update” it and try to put a twist on it. There is not a Christmas song that I have not already heard. When I step into work, I hear the same songs on repeat for weeks and would like nothing more than to bang my head into wall than hear another Christmas song. I listen to the same Christmas songs year after year, it’s just like hearing the same song every time you turn on the radio. We all have that one song the radio has ruined, and for me that is Christmas music in general.

However, if my someone wants to listen too Christmas music after they have celebrated Thanksgiving I am more than okay sucking up my dislike of Christmas and listening to it. After you have celebrated Thanksgiving you can pull out all the Christmas music or decorations you want.