By Amanda Carney
Online Editor

Friday, no classes.

That’s for all Hutchinson Community College students here, but there is a reason for no classes – Senior Day. This is a day specifically set aside for high school senior students to come and visit HutchCC.

“The day gives potential students the opportunity to come and see more parts of the college and receive more information about the college, clubs and organizations,” said HutchCC Admissions Director Corbin Strobel.

Senior Day is specifically set aside for any high school seniors. Students come from all over just to see what HutchCC has to offer.

Students meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Sports Arena, where they check in. At this time, seniors can also can walk around and view clubs and organizations HutchCC offers. Seniors are also entered into drawings to win prizes.

After this, the seniors get a welcome from some of the HutchCC staff and administrators. Seniors then have group tours around the campus, where the students then get to witness the atmosphere that HutchCC has.

The seniors then finish with lunch around 1 p.m., with more optional available tours after.

The tours offer seniors a chance to meet new people and experience a college atmosphere.
On average HutchCC expects anywhere from 200 to 400 high school seniors and their parents.