By Bailey Terry

Maddi Cumpston/HCC Sports Information - Kendall Blanco, Ottawa, connects with the ball during  a recent home game against the Tabor JV on April 27 at Fun Valley field. Blanco tallied six hits for Hutch.
Maddi Cumpston/HCC Sports Information - Kendall Blanco, Ottawa, connects with the ball during a recent home game against the Tabor JV on April 27 at Fun Valley field. Blanco tallied six hits for Hutch.

The Blue Dragon softball team played a doubleheader against Cowley on April 21 and won.

The scores were 10-3 and 8-7.

Hutch’s record is now 34-6 overall and 18-4 in the Jayhawk West Conference.

In the first game, the Dragons remained scoreless until the fourth inning when they scored a single run, but Cowley was able to score three runs in previous innings.

The score was 3-1 with the Dragons behind.

Hutch answered back with a six-run fifth inning to take the lead 7-3.

In the sixth inning, the Dragons scored the final three runs in the game before a scoreless seventh inning.

After starting off slow, the Dragons came back to win the game, 10-3.

In the 10-3 win, there were four Dragon players that scored two runs

They were Holly Kelley, Cypress, Texas, Tori Cauthers, Lampasas, Texas, Sami Loos, Udall, and Alexa Eisenbart, Wichita.

In the final game of the double header, the Dragons remained scoreless until the third inning when they scored five.

The score was 5-1 with Hutch ahead.

The Dragons scored a single run in both the fourth and fifth innings, but their opponents scored four runs in the fifth inning to close the gap.

The score was 7-5 with Hutch still in the lead.

The Dragons scored another run in the sixth inning to keep their lead after the opponents score two runs.

After a scoreless seventh inning, the score was 8-7 with the Dragons winning the second game.

Aiding the Dragons in their win by scoring two runs were three Hutch players, Hannah Danielson, Edmond, Oklahoma, Kendall Blanco, Ottawa, and Loos.

Hutch was scheduled to play the Tabor JV on April 28, at 4 p.m., at Fun Valley.

This game closed out the regular season.