By Bailey Terry

Maddi Cumpston/HCC Sports Information - Bobby Milacki, Lake Havasu City, Arizona, runs through the bases in attempt to score a run during a home game against Garden City on April 23.

The Blue Dragon baseball team played a series of four games against Garden City at the Hobart-Detter field on April 23 and 24.

The scores were 4-2 L, 11-5 W, 10-8 W, and 10-8 L.

The split brings their record to 34-15 overall and 22-10 in the Jayhawk West conference.

The Dragons lost the first game of the series 4-2.

Hutch easily won the second game after going scoreless into the fourth inning to scoring nine runs to Garden City’s two runs in the fifth inning.

The score was 9-2

After another scoreless inning, the Dragons scored their final two runs in the seventh after Garden City scored two more runs.

The score was 11-4.

The Dragons remained scoreless for the last two innings, but still won the game 11-5.

For Hutch, Mack Gowing, Wichita, scored three runs in the win.

In the third game, the Dragons held the lead 2-1 going into the third inning, until Garden City scored three runs in the third inning to take the lead.

The score was 4-2.

Both teams were able to score a run each in the fourth inning and were unable to score in the fifth.

The score was 5-3.

The Dragons came to life in the sixth inning scoring seven runs to Garden City’s two runs to take the lead, 10-7.

Hutch didn’t score in the final inning, but their opponents did.

The Dragons still won the game, 10-8.

In the final game of the series, the Dragons lost 10-8 to split the series 2-2.

The Dragons played Pratt at the Hobart-Detter field on April 20 and won, 15-5 in just eight innings.

Hutch scored in each inning besides the fourth.

The Dragons two best innings were the third and sixth where they scored five and four respectively.

Those two innings drove the Dragons to win the game, 15-5.

The Dragons held their opponents scoreless until the sixth inning when they scored five runs.

For Hutch, Cole Donaldson, St. Charles, Missouri, scored three runs in the games.

Hutch is scheduled to take on Longview on Saturday, April 30, to close out the regular season.

The doubleheader begins at 2 p.m. at the Hobart-Detter field.