By Bailey Terry

Taryn Gillespie/Collegian - Sami Loos, Udall, makes connection with the ball as she swings during a home game on Fun Valley field on April 8 against Coffeyville. Loos scored three runs.

The Blue Dragon softball team took on Fort Scott on April 16 and won both games.

The scores were 7-0 and 3-1, bringing their record to 32-6 overall and 16-4 in the Jayhawk West conference.

In the first game, Hutch started off fast scoring two runs in the first inning.

After a scoreless second inning, Hutch scored three more runs in the third inning.

The score was 5-0.

The fourth inning went as the first inning did, with the Dragons scoring two runs.

The score was 7-0 after a scoreless fifth, sixth, and seventh inning.

Aided by two runs from Holly Kelley, Cypress, Texas, the Dragons won the first game, 7-0.

After a hot start in the first game, the Dragons only scored three runs in the second inning and didn’t score again all game.

Their opponents only scored one run in the fifth inning.

With three Dragon players with one run each, the Dragons won the game, 3-1.

Those players were Kelcee Thompson, Springdale, Arkansas, Tori Cauthers, Lampasas, Texas, and Sami Loos, Udall.

Recently, Hutch also played Brown Mackie and Johnson County in doubleheaders.

The Dragons beat Brown Mackie in Salina, and won 6-0 and 16-6 in just five innings.

They split the doubleheader against Johnson County in Overland Park.

The Dragons lost 5-0 and won 8-7.

It was raining on April 19, so the field was too wet to hold the game on April 20.

The games were rescheduled to April 21.

Next up to face Hutch was Cowley, scheduled for Thursday, April 21. The game was set to begin at 3 p.m.