By Lariena Nokes

Angela Lingg/Collegian - Ralena Phillips, Las Vegas, Nevada, dribbles the ball down the court during a home game against Murray State on Nov. 13. The Dragons won the game 72-67.

When you are on a roll, the momentum fuels success.

The No. 3 ranked Blue Dragon women’s basketball team is sitting comfortably with six wins for six games played this season under the leadership of Coach John Ontjes.

On Nov. 13, our opponent was Murray State at the Sports Arena.

“The Murray State game was another game where we were able to dig ourselves out of a big hole,” Ontjes said.

With a comeback of 13 points, the team looked cohesive and strong.

“In the third and fourth quarter we managed to play better ball and win our game.,” Ontjes said.

Posting her second double-double of the season by scoring 17 points and 12 rebounds, freshman Kira Rogers added a season-high five assists and season-high-tying three steals.

On Nov. 14, the Blue Dragon women’s team hosted Central Methodist JV at the Sports Arena.

“In Saturday’s game, winning was never in any doubt,” Ontjes said.

This game saw the Blue Dragons hold Central Methodist JV to less than 40 points.

“We got good play out of Kala Williams and she needs to be able to do that for us to be successful for the rest of the year.”

Every Blue Dragon who suited up had at least one steal, one assist, and scored during this game, which the Dragons won 97-19.