By Bailey Terry

Bailey Terry/Collegian - Marija Martinovic, Belgrade, Serbia, and Johanna Voss, Sundern, Germany, jump up for a team block against their opponents during the Region VI tournament championship game against Seward County on Nov. 8.

The Blue Dragon Volleyball team took the championship game in the Region VI tournament on Nov. 8 and is headed to Nationals.

This was Hutch’s fourth-consecutive Region VI title, which was the first time in school history that it ever happened.

In the championship game, Hutch played Seward County on Nov. 8 and won in three sets.

The Dragons go into the NJCAA tournament with 31 wins and only eight losses.

The scores were 27-25, 25-17, and 25-17.

From the start of the first set to the last few points, Hutch and Seward were point for point with 17 ties and five lead changes.

The Dragons were finally able to pull two-points ahead to take the first set, 27-25.

At the start of the second set, Seward scored the first three-points of the set.

After going point for point, the game was tied, 6-6.

Bailey Terry/Collegian - Aubrey Wilson, Bennington, bumps the ball to the setter on Nov. 8.

The Dragons went on a 7-1 point run to take the lead, 13-7.

Seward went onto pull four back-to-back points.

The score was 13-11.

Hutch took a 6-2 run.

The score was now 19-13.

The Dragons only allowed four more points for their opponents and they took the game 25-17.

Hutch held the lead in the third set at 16-9 and continued to build their lead.

The Dragons won the third set, 25-17 and won the championship of the Region VI tournament.

Jai Chapman, Liberal, and Aubrey Wilson, Bennington, lead the Dragons on offense.

Chapman had a match-high of 12 kills, and she added three block assists, six digs, and one service ace.

Wilson had nine kills, without a single attack error.

She also added five block assists, two service aces, and 16 set assists.

In the semifinal game earlier in the day on Nov. 8, the Dragons took on Pratt and won in four sets.

The scores were 20-25, 25-21, 25-14, and 25-22.

Overall the Dragons had 28 kills, seven blocks, and six service aces.

Individually, Marija Martinovic, Belgrade, Serbia,

Hutch is scheduled to travel to Casper, Wyoming, to participate in the NJCAA tournament over Nov. 19-21.