By Jessie Burtnett

Jessie Burtnett/Collegian - Camia Bash, Waynesville, Missouri, executes a corner kick during a home game during the Region VI tournament on Halloween against Cowley County. Bash scored two of the Dragons’ five goals in their 5-0 win.

The Blue Dragons soccer team ended their season on Nov. 5 during the Region VI semifinals, at the Hummer Sports Complex in Topeka, with a tough loss to Johnson County.

Hutch ended the season ranked at No. 18.

The Dragons had several scoring opportunities in the first half, but failed to finish and find the back of the net.

Johnson County secured a 2-0 lead only 22 minutes into the game, due to a pair of Dragons turnovers.

Hutch was able to cut the lead to 2-1 after Renee Gillespie, Wichita, found the back of the net with 25 minutes left in the first half.

Aleise Williams, Manhattan, was credited with the assist.

The Dragons rallied for several scoring opportunities, but unfortunately Gillespie’s goal would be the only tally for the Dragons for the rest of the game.

The Dragons out-shot Johnson County 13-6, but couldn’t find a corner, trailing 2-1.

The Dragons only generated five shots against the wind in the second half, losing to Johnson County 4-1.

When Hutch played Johnson County earlier in the season, they lost then, too.

In that game, they were able to hold Johnson County to two goals.

The Dragons ended their season 12-5 overall.

Hutch’s 4-game shutout streak ended, after 293 minutes and 43 seconds.