By Lariena Nokes

Bailey Terry/Collegian - Lakin Preisner, Americus, dribbles the ball down the court during a home game on Halloween against the Tabor College JV. During the game Preisner pulled down three boards to aid the Dragon in their win. The final score was 80-49.

Some days everything just goes right and all that you have worked for rewards you with good results.

On Nov. 7, Labette lost, 121-38, to the Blue Dragon women’s team at the Sports Arena.

Following a businesslike practice on Nov. 10 the team headed to the weight room, all in one group.

So the teamwork extends off the court as well.

The Dragons broke a single-game record for points with a score of 121.

The previous record was 108.

They also broke a 40-year record with margin of victory with 83 points, which was previously 82 points.

The leading scorer in the win over Labette was Kirea Rogers, Wichita, with 26 points.

Rogers also snagged 13 rebounds, which helped her get a double-double.

Lakin Preisner, Americus, made 21 points and had six rebounds.

Another Dragon with over 15 points was Mandy Madden, Topeka, who scored 16 points and added five rebounds.

When asked about the Nov. 7 game, Travis Kirk, assistant coach had a quick response: “it was our ball movement in our half-court offense,” Kirk said.

Working together as a team, the Dragons just kept powering in the shots.

“We just tried to get some intensity in the game by playing a deep bench,” Kirk said.

By executing the fundamentals of the game as they were coached, the women from Hutch came away with the win.

The Dragons held the rebound advantage 49-23.

With a slight break from the frustration of other contests and the last game behind them, the drills, lifting and study for the next game was well underway.

The Dragons are scheduled to play in the Blue Dragon Classic on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 13 and 14, at the Sports Arena.