By Angela Lingg

Angela Lingg/Collegian - Hunter Nance, Wichita, runs in the Cowboy Jamboree on Sept. 26.

The Blue Dragon men’s cross country team put in another strong performance at the Fort Hays Tiger Invitational on Oct. 10, finishing 6th out of 18 teams.

The men were led by freshman Orser Rodriguez, Harlingen, Texas, who posted a season best time of 26:22, and placed ninth. Sophomore Forrest Dreyer, El Saline, also put in a Top 25 finish with a 21st-place finish and a season best time of 26:47.

The other runners to figure into the men’s score were Mark Meyer, Wichita, 27:32, Lorenzo Castaneda, Harlingen, Texas, 28:10, and Lloyd Chin, West Palm Beach, Florida, 28:15.

The other runners for the men’s team were Reno Ferris, Cheney, 28:38, Hunter Nance, Wichita, 29:28, and Ethan Artzer, Wamego, 31:00.

The men’s team’s, average time improved by almost a minute from their last meet.

The women’s cross country team also showed what they are capable of this past weekend.

They were led by sophomore Angela Lingg, Goddard, who ran a time of 20:55 for a 40th-place finish.

The other women who figured into the scoring were Keagan Davis, Wichita, 20:55, Katy Spencer, Andale, 21:28, Angelica Soria, Topeka, 21:43, and Jessica Yenni, 22:25.

The other two women for Hutch were Alyssa De Leon, Texas, 22:41, and Branda Cole, Hutchinson, 26:44.

Head cross country coach Justin Riggs was pleased with his teams’ performances.

“Both teams are starting to run fast right at the time that they should,” Riggs said.

“I’m excited for the next three weeks of training as we ready ourselves for the Region VI/Jayhawk Conference Championships.”

Both teams will not compete again until the Region VI championships, which will be on Saturday Oct. 31 at Johnson County.