By Bailey Terry

Bailey Terry/Collegian - Quarterback Kylen Binn, Columbia, South Carolina, prepares to throw the ball during a recent home game against Coffeyville.

The Blue Dragon football team played Garden City on their turf on Oct. 10.

The Dragons won 49-14.

Hutch’s record is now 4-3 overall and 2-3 in the Jayhawk West Conference.

Ten minutes into the game, Hutch was able to get the first points after a three-yard touchdown run from Blaik Middleton, Hutchinson.

The score was 7-0 after a field goal from Tymony Bonilla, Salina.

Garden City scored two unanswered touchdowns, making the score 6-14.

This was the last time the Dragons allowed their opponents to score.

With nine minutes left in the first half, the Dragons were able to score again.

Treyvon Paulk, Cumming, Georgia, had a 54-yard run to score a touchdown for Hutch, plus another kick my Bonilla. The score was 14-14.

Four minutes later, Hutch scored again after a 21-yard run by Tyren Jones, Marietta, Georgia.

Bailey Terry/Collegian - DeQuan Bowman, Millville, New Jersey, runs the ball down the field to later score a touchdown for the Dragons against Coffeyville on Oct. 3.

The score to end the first half was 21-14 after a successful field goal from Bonilla.

About halfway through the third quarter, Hutch was able to score again.

The Dragons scored another touchdown after another run from Jones.

After a field goal from Bonilla, the score was 28-14.

As the fourth quarter started, the Dragons had a quick 10-yard run from Dimonic McKinzy, Kansas City, and another field goal by Bonilla.

The score was 35-14.

Just two minutes later, Jones had a 27-yard run into the end zone to score his third touchdown of the game.

Jones ended the game with 124 rushing yards.

Adding another successful field goal by Bonilla, the score is now 42-14.

The last touchdown of the game was scored with eight minutes remaining.

Hutch scored a touchdown after a 21-yard run from Middleton.

The ending score was 49-14 with the Dragons winning their fourth game of the season.

The Dragons didn’t allow their opponents to score after the 11-minute mark in the second quarter and also scored 42 uncontested points.

Hutch held their opponents to only eight first downs in the game, two coming from Dragon penalties.

Hutch had a total of 493 rushing yards, compared to just 15 rushing yards coming from their opponents.

The Dragons are on the road for another game. They are traveling to Highland to play the Highland Community College on Saturday Oct 17.

The game kicks off at 1p.m.