By Bailey Terry

Bailey Terry/Collegian - Gary Cross, Fordyce, Arkansas, catches a 66-yard pass in the end zone to score for the Dragons during the Coffeyville home game. The Dragons lost 46-52.

The Blue Dragon football team played Coffeyville at home on Oct. 3 and lost 46-52.

At the start of the first quarter, Hutch scored a touchdown after a 16-yard pass from Dimonic McKinzy, Kansas City, which connected with Tre Griffin, Wichita; followed by a field goal from Kassidy Lemons, Hutchinson.

Three minutes later, Coffeyville was able to score, which tied the game 7-7.

With two minutes left in the first quarter, the Dragons scored after a 10-yard run from Treyvon Paulk, Cumming, Georgia; then a field goal by Tymony Bonilla, Salina, to end the first quarter, the score was 14-7.

Opening up the second quarter, the Dragons scored just 30 seconds after the quarter started. Logan Mays, Salina, scored the touchdown after an 11-yard pass from Kylen Binn, Columbia, South Carolina. Bonilla attempted another field goal, but it was blocked.

The score was 20-7.

The Dragons didn’t score again until the third quarter, but Coffeyville continued to score.

Coffeyville score 28 unanswered points making the score 20-35.

With 11 minutes left in the third quarter, the Dragons were finally able to make a play.

They scored after a 29-yard pass from Binn to Gary Cross, Fordyce, Arkansas. Cross caught the ball in the end zone to score another touchdown.

After a failed kick from Bonilla to make the score 26-35.

Four minutes later, Cross was able to catch another touchdown pass from Binn, plus successful kick from Bonilla.

The score was 33-35.

Then another 14-point run by Coffeyville, but it was stopped by Hutch after a 1-yard run from Binn.

The Dragons attempted a two-point conversion, but failed, making the score 39-49.

With just two minutes remaining Coffeyville scored a field goal.

The score was 52-39.

Hutch scored the final touchdown of the game with one minute remaining.

Cross caught a 66-yard pass from Binn, ending the game 46-52.

The Dragons played the Dodge City Conquistadors on Sept. 26 and lost 14-27.

With seven minutes left in the first quarter, the Dragons scored the first points of the game after a 1-yard run from McKinzy for a touchdown, followed by a kick by Lemons.

The Dragons were ahead 7-0.

The Dragons didn’t score during the second quarter, but their opponents had a 17-point quarter.

The score was 7-17, with Dodge City ahead at halftime.

Five minutes into the third quarter, Hutch was able to score another touchdown after a 37-yard run from Tyren Jones, Marietta, Georgia, and a kick by Lemons.

The score was 14-17, with the Dragons behind just three points.

Hutch was unable to score for the remainder of the game.

The ending score was 14-27, with a loss for Hutch.

The Dragons are scheduled to play Garden City at Garden City on Sat., Oct. 10 at 7 p.m.