By Bailey Terry

Andrew Carpenter/Sports Information - Aubrey  Wilson, Bennington, attempts to block her opponent in a recent home game against Dodge City on Sept. 15.
Andrew Carpenter/Sports Information - Aubrey Wilson, Bennington, attempts to block her opponent in a recent home game against Dodge City on Sept. 15.

The Lady Dragon volleyball team traveled to Cloud County on Sept. 16 and ended the night with another win.

This win makes for 25 consecutive Jayhawk West wins.

The Dragons won all three sets in the game. The scores were 25-17, 25-19, and 25-12.

The Dragons’ record is now 11-1 and 4-0 in the Jayhawk West conference.

To start off the first set, Hutch had three blocks in a row, each resulting in a point.

The Dragons had a team-high of 12 team blocks, but half of them came from Petra Silic, Zagreb, Croatia.

Out of their 12 blocks, six of them came just from the third set.

Aubrey Wilson, Bennington, had a solo block and four block assists, while Johanna Voss, Sundern, Germany, had a solo block and three block assists.

Andrew Carpenter/Sports Information - Morgan Erickson, Nickerson,  sends the ball over the net at her opponent as the Dragons beat Dodge City.
Andrew Carpenter/Sports Information - Morgan Erickson, Nickerson, sends the ball over the net at her opponent as the Dragons beat Dodge City.

Silic also had nine kills and Voss had seven kills on just nine hits.

Wilson and Marija Martinovic, Belgrade, Serbia, had five kills apiece.

Tarynn Stueder, Great Bend, had 17 assists and Wilson added 12.

Jai Chapman, Liberal, had 13 digs and McKenzie Steele, Pomona, had 12 digs for Hutch.

Within the last week, the Dragons beat Dodge City and three out of four opponents in the Twin Falls, Idaho, tournament.

The Lady Dragons are scheduled to play Butler at home in the Sports Arena at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18.