By Bailey Terry

Shelby Horton /Collegian - Treyvon Paulk, Cummings, Georgia, carries the ball down the field, later scoring a  touchdown against the Butler Grizzlies on Sept. 12.
Shelby Horton /Collegian - Treyvon Paulk, Cummings, Georgia, carries the ball down the field, later scoring a touchdown against the Butler Grizzlies on Sept. 12.

The Blue Dragon football team played their rivals, the Butler Grizzlies, on Sept. 12 at home in the Gowans stadium.

The Dragons weren’t able to beat their opponents. They lost 28-52.

Hutch had a total of 25 first downs, 214 rushing yards with an average of 5.1 yards per carry, and 251 passing yards with a total of 465 yards.

The Dragons had trouble holding onto the ball and ended the game with five fumbles and threw one interception.

The Dragons were able to score within the first 30 seconds of the game to take the lead at 7-0, which was the only time they lead the whole game.

Treyvon Paulk, Cumming, Georgia, ran 20 yards to score the touchdown; followed by a field goal from Kassidy Lemons, Hutchinson.

The Grizzlies answered just six minutes later with a touchdown and a field goal to tie the game.

After seven minutes of scoreless play, the Grizzlies scored a touchdown and kicked a successful field goal, taking the lead, 7-14, which was the score to end the first quarter.

After a scoreless second quarter from the Dragons, the halftime score was 7-35 after a 21-point quarter for Butler.

At nine minutes left in the third quarter, the Grizzlies had scored another touchdown and a 21-yard field goal, making the score 7-45.

At the eight-minute mark in the third, the Dragons were able to score again after DeQuan Bowman, Millville, New Jersey, caught a 30-yard pass from quarterback, Dimonic McKinzy, Kansas City, Kansas.

After a kick from Lemons, the score was 14-45 with the Grizzlies still ahead to end the third quarter.

The Grizzlies ran through the end zone to score their last touchdown of the game with 10 minutes left, the score was 14-52.

Three minutes later, the Dragons answered with a touchdown after a five-yard run from Paulk, his second touchdown of the game; plus another kick from Lemons. The score was 21-52.

With one minute left in the game, the Dragons scored another touchdown after a run from McKinzy and a field goal from Lemons.

The ending score was 28-52.

The Dragons are scheduled to play Iowa Central on Sept. 19 in Fort Dodge, Iowa.