By Jessie Burtnett

Rachel Swafford/Collegian - Jazmin Hartshorn, Hutchinson, kicks the ball down the field away from her  opponent during a recent home game. The game was on Sept. 11 against the Garden City Broncbusters. The Dragons beat the Broncbusters 8-1.
Rachel Swafford/Collegian - Jazmin Hartshorn, Hutchinson, kicks the ball down the field away from her opponent during a recent home game. The game was on Sept. 11 against the Garden City Broncbusters. The Dragons beat the Broncbusters 8-1.

The Lady Dragons soccer team broke their two-game losing streak with an overtime victory against Rose State on Sep. 22.

The Dragons fought a tough game until the 74th minute, when Renee Gillespie, Wichita, put the ball in the box at Jordan Downing’s, Hutchinson, feet.

Downing spun around her defender and scored her second goal of the game.

Her first goal came only one minute, 32 seconds into the game, setting the pace for Hutch.

The Dragons controlled the ball the majority of the game.

However, they made two crucial mistakes that led to goals scored by their opponents.

The Dragons ended the game one minute, and 41 seconds into overtime when Aleise Williams, Manhattan, scored off a spin shot from the inside of her foot, landing her first college career goal.

In previous action, Hutch fell to the Johnson County Cavaliers, for their first conference loss on Sept. 19.

Downing scored the only goal for the Dragons in the final minute of the first half, leaving it 1-1 at the half.

Johnson County out shot Hutch in the second half 14-8, resulting in a second goal by the Cavaliers.

The Dragons lost the game 2-1.

The Lady Dragons are scheduled to play at home on Sept. 26, against the Allen Community College Red Devils.

The game starts at 4p.m. at the Salthawk Complex.