By James Teeter

It was a day that the American people and the people all around the world will never forget.

September 11, 2001, was a day that shocked America and the world when the World Trade Center came crashing down after planes crashed into the sides of the two towers.

There have been a lot of memorials built in memory of that terrible day. But there is one that not a lot of people have heard about.

It was a gift from the Russian government and people in memory of the 9-11 attack — and the 1993 bombing at the World Trade Center. The memorial has many different names; some may know it as the Tear Of Grief, others as the Tear Drop Memorial.

It was hard to find a place for the monument. The memorial stands in Bayonne, New Jersey, at the end of the former Military Ocean Terminal. If you are standing at the Statue Of Liberty you will have a clear view of it. Former President of the United States of America Bill Clinton said:

“ I would like the thank the people of Russia for this gift of solidarity in the war on terror.”

This memorial is a hundred feet tall, made from stone with a bronze coating. In the center is a 40-foot-long teardrop made from nickel-chrome-plated steel. The tear drop is to represent the moment when the world, at the same time, shed tears over this terrible event that happened in New York City.

At the base of the monument there are 11 sides to remember the date that this happen. Along with the 11 sides, on each side are the names of the people who lost their lives in the 1993 bombing and in the 9/11 World Trade Center crashing.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said:

“ This monument in memory of the victims of the September 11 attack will serve as a symbol of Russian-American unity against world terrorism.”

It is great to see that there are people from around the world who would take the time to make such a great monument for the people of the United States — for a day that touches all over our hearts. I can’t imagine what families have to go though every day knowing that they will never get to see their loved ones again.

This day will forever have strong meaning to it and be in the hearts of not only Americans but the people from around the world and who have also been affected by the events of that day.

I’m sure there are people who go to bed each night and still have that day running though their minds while they are trying to sleep. .