By Jessie Burtnett

Jessie Burtnett/Collegian - Georgia Lupton, Lancaster, England, prepares to pass the ball to a teammate, later scoring a goal against Iowa Central.

The Lady Dragons’ soccer team is looking to repeat their conference title, and they were back in action on Sept. 2 against the Pratt Beavers.

The Dragons took on the Beavers, for their conference opener at the Salthawk Complex, dominating the game till the 98th minute.

The Dragons came out on top with an 8-0 victory.

Karrie McNutt, a sophomore, Winfield, set the pace for both halves with a goal in the first five minutes of the first half.

She also hammered a shot from the 20-yard line, to the right upper corner in the beginning of the second half.

Jordan Downing, Hutchinson, also scored two goals, making them her first two career goals.

Also scoring goals were Georgia Lupton, Lancaster, England, Victoria Padilla, Wichita, Jazmin Hartshorn, Hutchinson, and Renee Gillespie, Wichita,

Jessie Burtnett/Collegian - Karrie McNutt, Winfield, receives a pass from a teammate and dribbles the ball down the field, while playing against Iowa Central on Aug. 29.

On Aug. 29, the girls’ soccer team took a close loss to the Iowa Central Tritons.

The Tritons scored their only goal early in the first half.

The Dragons struggled to communicate, but held the Tritons 0-1 at half.

The Dragons came out with a bang in the second half possessing the ball the majority of the period.

Although they communicated better, they were unable to find the back of the net; ultimately ending in a 0-1 Tritons win.

The Dragons are scheduled to play against the Neosho County Panthers in Chanute next.

They will be at home against Garden City on Sept. 11.