By Angela Lingg

Earlier this summer a Pro-life group released undercover videos bringing to light some unsettling practices at Planned Parenthood.

The videos were filmed secretly during interviews with top Planned Parenthood staff members at different locations across the country. The videos basically revealed that Planned Parenthood is selling aborted fetal parts to scientific research companies that use them for experiments and such. By law Planned Parenthood is allowed to receive reasonable compensation for the fetal parts.

The video included some very graphic and sickening descriptions of how an abortionist removes the fetal parts and what they hope to accomplish with the fetal parts.

As a result of the video, many people began to bring to question if Planned Parenthood was making money off of aborted fetal parts and whether that was allowed by law. Conservative members of Congress jumped on board and have been actively trying to defund Planned Parenthood mainly on the accusation that they are making a profit on aborted fetal parts.

While many people argue that the videos were made in an attempt to accuse Planned Parenthood of disobeying the law, I believe the videos’ biggest impact was in simply making the American people aware of what is being done with aborted fetal parts.

Abortion is already an ugly stain on our American culture. The fact that Planned Parenthood would sell aborted babies for compensation (or profit) only draws more disgrace and disgust to the acceptance of abortion and those who would perform or advocate the killing of innocent lives.

Congress can argue all night on whether or not Planned Parenthood is making a profit on aborted fetal parts, but that’s not the real issue. The issue is simply that fetal parts are being sold period. The issue is that abortion is happening lawfully, period.

If cutting funds to Planned Parenthood is the only way to stop the selling of aborted parts, and maybe abortion all together, than I support it.

I am aware that Planned Parenthood does provide many invaluable health services to women across the country, but that does not justify abortion. There are many other Women’s health services that can do the job of Planned Parenthood. The videos have served to inform the American people of what Planned Parenthood is really doing and to question whether or not Planned Parenthood is needed.

Times are changing and other health clinics are now capable to do the job of Planned Parenthood, minus the abortions. If Planned Parenthood doesn’t accept the change, their day may be coming to an end.