By Hannah Wallace

Entertainment, Perks of being a Wallflower

Dear friend (as it says in the movie), I am writing to you so as to inform you of a phenomenal film that hit theaters in 2012.

“The Perks of Being A Wallflower” was released in September 2012 and earned an estimated gross box office proceeds of $13 million.
This movie chronicles the life of a boy named Charlie who was just trying to find a place in this world.

Charlie did not have many friends because he was not like the others. He loved to write, he was a gifted student and he loved to read.

His life took a turn for the better when he met Patrick and Sam, a brother and sister who, like Charlie, did not fit in.

Patrick was gay — while Sam was known as the girl who, in past year, liked to get drunk and sleep around.

Throughout the movie, all three were picked on and teased, but they never seemed to lose sight of the friendship that each shared with each other.

This movie is also good at portraying the real life struggles that many high school teens go through today, like, for example, bullying, rape, cliques and the transition from high school to college.

The film really seems to touch base on all the sensitive areas that teens struggle to talk about — topics they worry could subject them to ridicule.

This story reminds us that it is all right to be different and stand out.

It reinforces on us that no one’s life is determined in high school and that it is all right to stand up for what you believe in.

So I leave you, friend, with the suggestion that “Wallflower” is a great movie, that it is good for any age group, but especially for high school and college students.

This movie will leave you with a boost of confidence and self worth.

It will also remind you that it is fine to be your own person — not just another wallflower in life.