By Bailey Terry

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Kelcee Thompson, Springdale, Arkansas, prepares to throw the ball to her  teammate during a recent home game on April 7. The Lady Dragons beat their  opponents in both games of the double header.
Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Kelcee Thompson, Springdale, Arkansas, prepares to throw the ball to her teammate during a recent home game on April 7. The Lady Dragons beat their opponents in both games of the double header.

The Lady Dragon softball team has won seven of their last eight games.

Fans are expecting good things for the remainder of the season.

The Dragons played the Brown Mackie College Lions at home on April 14.

The Lady Dragons were able to split the double-header.

Hutch lost the first one 6-4, but were able to win the second one 12-3.

The Dragons’ record is now 26-15 after a split double header against the Friends University’s JV on April 16.

In the first game, the Dragons held the lead with 4-3 at the top of the sixth inning.

The Lions weren’t giving up just yet.

As the Lions went up to bat, they were able to score a run against Hutch to take the lead of 5-4.

At the bottom of the seventh inning, the Lions scored once again winning the first of two against Hutch, 6-4.

In the second game, the Dragons finished the game in just five innings due to the mercy rule.

The mercy rule is when the game ends due to at least a 10-run lead.

Hutch was able to keep hold of the lead early in the game with two runs in the first inning.

As the game went on, the Dragons in just four innings scored seven runs.

The Lions were only able to score one more run in the fifth inning, but that wasn’t enough to close the lead against Hutch.

Hutch beat their opponents 12-3.

The Dragons are scheduled to play the Bethany College JV at home at the Fun Valley field at 4 p.m on April 23.

They are also scheduled to play in the Region VI opening round against Fort Scott at home as well on April 25.