By Bailey Terry

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Holly Kelley, Cypress, Texas, preps to pitch the ball on March 10, during a game against Cloud County.

As of March 19, the Lady Dragon softball team had won seven of their last 10 games.

Hutch beat Cloud County, Kansas City, and Pratt, split one against Highland, and lost the double header against Dodge City.

The Dragons played Cloud County on March 10 and won both of the games of the double header.

The scores of the games were 4-2 and 12-4.

Throughout the first four and 1/2 innings the score was tied 1-1, but then Ally Rains, Round Rock, Texas, sent the ball over the fence to score her first homerun.

Rains hit helped the Dragon players, who were on the bases, score as well; the score is now 4-1 with the Dragons holding the lead.

The ending score was 4-2, for the first game of the double header.

As the second game began, the Dragons were behind 1-0. As the sixth inning hit, the Dragons had caught up with their opponents and tied 4-4.

Hutch took the lead of 8-4. At the top of the eighth, the Dragons had an eight-run inning, their best one of the season.

The Dragons won the game 12-4.

The Dragons are scheduled to play at home on Friday, March 20, at 2 p.m. and Saturday, March 21, at 1p.m at Fun Valley.