By James Teeter

It’s that time of year again. Warp Tour is coming back and is on many people’s minds.

There’s a lot of people who are excited for this tour, but some others are not happy that it’s making its way back though Kansas.

The tour goes from June to August, with a wide range of bands that will be performing.

More than 50 bands will be in this nationwide extravaganza.

I for one can’t wait for it to get here. One of the bands that will be there is a controversial band called “Black Veil Brides.”

Brides is a band that was formed in Cincinnati, Ohio, by the lead singer, Andy Biersack, and four of his friends.

Over the years, Brides has been criticized for being an alleged satanic group and having lyrics that could possibly corrupt the minds of young listeners and encourage dangerous behavior.

It all started with the name of the band. That, alone, made them one of the most controversial bands in recent years.

But if you look at the name and try to understand its origins, you might understand it a little more.

The term “black veil bride” is a Roman Catholic expression used to describe a woman who gives up everything she has and devotes her life to God, as a nun.

That harmless, religious term is the origin of the band’s name — so the name is not sinister or demonic, as some critics have made it out to be.

One of the biggest problems the band has had over the years of putting on shows and releasing CDs is that a lot of people will criticize the music and will “waste” their money to go buy a ticket to a show, then loudly mock them while they perform on stage.

The most recent occasion where that happened was when they where doing a show in Vancouver, Canada.

A member of the crowd started yelling for them to get off the stage, calling the members of the band “fags.”

Lead singer Andy Biersack stopped the show and ask this member of the crowd if there was anything he wanted to say to his face — then sent a security guard to hand the obnoxious man a microphone.

The man then threw the microphone back at Biersack.

It’s disrespectful actions like this that upsets the fans of this band.

Why waste your money to go see these people perform on stage if all you plan to do is to hurl insults while standing amid the people who enjoy the music, and ruin the experience for everyone?

Black Veil Brides will be playing in Bonner Springs, Kansas, July 30.

I will be attending this concert and I’m hoping that I don’t see someone from Kansas that is going to be disrespectful and pull outrageous acts during the show.

It ruins the show for the people who paid to see a band they enjoy. They just want to have a good time.

And when rude, rowdy people ruin a concert, they are representing the state of Kansas in a negative way.

By showing such disrespect, they would discourage these types of bands from touring this region, ruining an opportunity for the true fans to enjoy a night of good music and fun.