By Bailey Terry

Andy Carpenter/Sports Information -  Sophomore Brittany Olender tossed a two-hit shutout at Garden City in her only action of the week for the Blue Dragon softball team last week. She was named the Jayhawk East’s Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday morning
Andy Carpenter/Sports Information - Sophomore Brittany Olender tossed a two-hit shutout at Garden City in her only action of the week for the Blue Dragon softball team last week. She was named the Jayhawk East’s Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday morning

The Lady Dragon softball team played Garden City on Feb. 25 in Hutch at the Fun Valley field.

Each team won a game. In the first game the Dragons lost 2-1. Then they won 4-0. Hutch’s record is now 5-2.

The Lady Dragons’ season started on Feb 20.

At the start of the season, the Dragons won their first four games.

They beat Western Oklahoma, Vernon College, Ranger College, and North Central Texas.

Their first loss occurred against NOC-Tonkawa.

During the first game, Hutch scored their first and only run early in the game.

In the second inning, Garden City answered with two runs.

At the end of the first game, the Dragons lost 2-1.

The Dragons outhit Garden City 7-4

Brittany Olender, Victoria, British Columbia, pitched her third shutout game for the Dragons during the second game, to help the Dragons beat Garden City.

Neither team scored throughout the first four innings, but the Dragons changed that in the fifth.

Andy Carpenter/Sports Information - Helping the HCC softball team to a tremendous start to the 2015 season, sophomore shortstop Lacey Hudson captured Jayhawk East Player of the Week honors this week.

The Dragons scored to make the score 1-0.

Then Hutch had a three run sixth inning to finish the game at 4-0.

The Dragons outhit their opponents 11-2 in the second game

The Lady Dragons are scheduled to play Dodge City at home at the Fun Valley field on March 6 at 2 p.m.