By DaKota Hilburn

Bright
Bright

There was a hole left at Hutchinson Community College when Vice President Randy Myers retired in December 2014.

A new vice president had to be hired.

Brett Bright, Longview, Texas, will be joining HCC as the new vice president for student services.

Bright is currently employed at Texas State Technical College where he is the associate vice chancellor for student development.

He was also the vice-president at Texas State for two years, vice-president at Connors State College for three years, and the dean of students and athletic director at Neosho County Community College for three years.

Bright earned his bachelors degree in counseling in 2000 and a masters in education from East Central University in 1995.

Dr. Carter File, president of Hutchinson Community College, looks forward to having Bright on the HCC staff.

“Brett will bring a solid background to student services,” File said.

“I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with him,” said Brooks Mantooth, director of human resources.

Other staff members said they also are happy Bright is coming here.

Julie Blanton, vice president of finance and operations, said she is looking forward to working with him.

Steve Porter, vice president of workforce development and outreach, said, “I am very excited and I am looking forward to having him as a colleague.”

Bright’s hiring was the result of a process that took over two months, as a committee headed by File read numerous applications and resumes submitted by applicants from across Kansas and much of the Midwest.

The field was narrowed to six, who were interviewed by the committee, then four were brought back for second interviews.