By Mason Poepperling

For what seems like forever, Hutchinson Community College’s campus has been plagued by a most horrible inconvenience – seemingly never ending construction.

Despite the hopes that construction would be finished before the beginning of the fall semester, construction has continued to take place in front of Lockman Hall and north of Gowans Stadium, where the tennis courts used to be. But how exactly has this terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad inconvenience affected the students at HutchCC?

Not that much, as it turns out, even for students who might have classes at Stringer Fine Arts Center. Students now have to walk around the community garden and by Gowans Stadium to get there, whereas before construction, there were multiple avenues.

“It honestly doesn’t bother me. I got lucky this semester because I don’t have any classes in the fine arts, so I don’t have to worry about it,” said Nina Becaro, a Brazil sophomore.

Surely it’s as much of an inconvenience as it is perceived to be. Surely, when construction takes place in one of the most frequented areas on campus, it has to be annoying, right?

“I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. it’s literally just a few more steps than usual,” said Brody Rader, a Hillsboro freshman.

As it turns out, maybe the construction isn’t as big of an inconvenience as it feels. The construction in front of Lockman Hall and Parker Student Union is complete, and the new area north of Gowans is near completion.