By Carly Thompson / Staff writer

The Hutchinson Community College Health and Wellness Fair will be hosted in Parker Student Union and the Blue Dragon Room from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday. There will be 25 vendors set up to assist students in a variety of health-related ways.

“I’ve been working on Main Campus for nine years, and I was given the Health and Wellness Fair as one of my responsibilities when I first came,” said Debbie Graber, College Counselor. “Michelle Wortham, the Administrative Assistant in the Student Success Center, has also played a huge part in the planning and organizing of the fair. We know college is a very stressful time for students and, for many, they don’t know what resources are available in Hutchinson. This fair hopefully introduces them to the many positive options available to help them physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

Of course, some vendors are more popular but they all have great info and giveaways.”

There will be free testing for students for STI’s (Syphilis, Hepatitis-C, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia) and the HIV Rapid Test.

Prairie Star Health Center will feature dental and women’s health services. The Reno County Health Department will provide services and testing available. 

The HutchCC Cosmetology school will do eyebrow waxing and paraffin dips for hands. 

Emily Hemmeriling from Rimmer Learning Center is expected to talk to students about learning strategies.

There will be free snacks, a photo booth, prizes, T-shirts, and a drawing for five Amazon gift cards.

The HutchCC Greenhouse, located at South Campus, will be giving away small plants.

“We try to educate the students on small things that they can do to stay healthy,” Michelle Wortham said. “There are going to be flu shots if the kids want them. Just a lot of information on spiritual health, physical health, and mental health. Those are all things that we encourage for our students. It’s very important to make time for yourself. 

Students can also take a stress test, mental health assessments, and students can meet with counselors

“We want to make sure the students have all the information that we can give them so they have a successful school year,” Wortham said.