By Carly Thompson / Staff writer

On Tuesday, Kevin Lockett will be coming to Hutchinson for the Dillon Lecture Series, the third talk of the year.

Lockett is a partner and Chief Financial Officer at Fulcrum Global Capital. Lockett is also a Kansas State University alumnus who broke records as a football player and was named Academic All-American, twice. He then went on to play professional football for several NFL teams, including four seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Lockett will be delivering his speech titled “Leadership Within and Investing in Yourself” for the Barbara Peirce Memorial Lecture. Peirce was the founder of the Dillon Lecture Series. 

“Kevin was very successful when he was at Kansas State University, on and off the football field,” said Robin Woodworth, Administrative Assistant To The President at HutchCC and Dillon Lecture Series Coordinator. “(He) was very successful academically. He has since then been very successful as he furthered his athletic career with professional football and as an entrepreneur. His speech will be about what he achieved in his life and how it helped him become the man he is today.”

The focus of his speech is going to target students who could greatly benefit from his knowledge and experience. 

“When you look at very successful teams, there is sort of this cohesiveness that exists. There is this idea that a bunch of people within a locker room are centered around a common goal,” said Lockett in an interview with Startup Grind in 2018. “All of that stuff is the same when we talk about entrepreneurs.”

The lecture will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Sports Arena. For students, admission is free with a school ID. All other attendees will be charged $10.